Vietnam National Institute Culture and Arts Studies (VICAS)
Vietnam National Institute of Culture and Arts Studies (VICAS) is a leading research and development organization operating directly under the umbrella of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MoCST) of Vietnam. VICAS was established in 1971 with its main missions being to do research, advise policies and strategies and implement activities and programs in the field of arts and culture.
· Conduct basic and strategic research to provide policy recommendations for the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in the field of arts, cultural tourism, cultural heritage, family culture, cultural heritage and the cultural and creative industries.
· Offer consultancy and technical supports for national organizations, local governments such as developing master plans, development strategies for culture, arts, tourism, cultural industries, heritage management
· Research, collect and build a data bank for the safeguarding and promoting of intangible cultural heritages of Vietnam.
· Provide PhD training and other culture and arts-related professional training in 6 majors: Cultural Studies, Cultural Management, Folklore, Theory and History of Theatrical Arts; Theory and History of Fine Arts; Theory and History of Cinematography and Television.
· Organize international and national level conferences/symposia, seminars, workshops and events in culture and arts.
· Promote international cooperation and exchange in fields of culture, arts, cultural heritage, and cultural industries.
- 32 Hao Nam Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi
- (84-24) 35111095