Timor-Leste National Commission for UNESCO
Timor-Leste National Commission for UNESCO is an autonomy body and as partnership with the government of Timor-Leste, in order to implementing the relevant programs of UNESCO such as; Education, Science, Culture, Communication and Information. Timor-Leste National Commission for UNESCO (TLNCU) established on 23 April 2009, but its legal base approved by Council Ministers by decree law Nu. 29/2014 which was under the Minister of Education, Youth and Sport, but now, there is policy alteration of the VIII government constitution stated that TLNCU is under the auspices of Minister of Higher Education, Science and Culture based on decree law Nu.14/2018, on 17 August 2018. Culture as such as one identity which we are needed to preserve because of the UNESCO organization passing by culture division having the one important role to preserve the Intangible Cultural Heritage which from the ancestor was living to the next generation to continue to preserve.
- Producing a documentary of the traditional dance and music of Tebe Dahur and storytelling of oral tradition.
- Producing booklets and brochures of the living heritage and oral traditions of Timorese people, focusing on the traditional dance and music with its story-telling.
- Holding training workshops for the ICH staff in order to strengthen the skill and capacity of safeguarding and promoting the ICH at the local and national levels.
- Building up and creating a space/menu on the website of the Timor-Leste National Commission for UNESCO for the publications and videos of the ICH as a sharing platform.
- Lanut Bairo Pite, Palasio Presidente LANUT Compound, Aldeia T. A. T Dili, Timor-Leste